Klarna’s marketing department is working tirelessly to build one of the world's strongest brands. We are now looking for a Marketing Specialist to help with our rapid expansion into North America. You’ll play a key role in this effort, telling merchants how incredibly smoooth Klarna is and spreading the word of how to separate paying from buying.
What you will be doing.In this role you’ll be responsible for coordinating and executing B2B and B2C marketing activities in the US. You will report to the US Head of Marketing and will need to align cross-functionally with both the US team and vertically with our central marketing team in Stockholm.
Your primary responsibility? Develop and execute events and B2B trade shows as well as both B2B and B2C email campaigns, newsletters, relevant website content, and social channels.
Who we think you are.You must be a self-starter who can initiate new ideas, take ownership, and operate independently with ease. You stay well-informed, can network well internally and externally, and will easily and creatively be able to communicate the our uniquely smoooth customer experience to merchants and customers.
If you are still reading you have probably realized that we are looking for someone incredible. This position represents a fantastic opportunity for a talented, up-and-coming marketer to experience the benefits of a fast-paced, high growth, start-up-like environment, while being part of an already successful international organization with a strong track record. It is important that you are able to embrace the varied nature of this role; you will need to be both strategic and forward-looking while at the same time able to take personal ownership for more tactical delivery.
In order to succeed in this role we believe that you will have...
- Minimum 2 years of relevant experience, marketing-specifically preferred.
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in relevant field.
- A flexible and adaptable skill-set with the ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
- A solid command of event management/execution.
- An advanced understanding of online UX, online marketing principles and strategy.
- Experience with marketing automation and sales management tools such as Marketo and Salesforce is a plus.
- Past experience working in a start-up environment is a plus.
- Knowledge of ecommerce platforms, back-end processes and IT technology and systems.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, verbal, negotiation and presentation skills.
- A highly collaborative work style with demonstrated successful interactions with internal parties and vendor partners.
- A hands-on, self-starter mentality
- A demonstrated ability to create, articulate and execute strategies that reinforce and advance the Klarna brand promise.
In short, you are fantastic at what you do, you have the track record to prove it and you are able to develop the passion for our products. However, what sets you apart from others, what really separates you from the rest of the candidates, is that you are as passionate about your work and desire to do great things with great people.
We offer you a chance to be part of changing the way the world buys online and the opportunity to be part of shaping that message. You will work with some of the best and brightest minds in the payments industry and you will have the chance to make an impact on Klarna’s future. The move in to the American market signifies our biggest investment to date and we would like for you to help make sure that it is a successful one. If this sounds like something you would be interested in, odds are that we are as excited to talk to you as you are to talk to us.